These courses have been developed for the international market by a committee of senior global business valuators and educators and comprise the iiBV’s Principles of Valuation offerings.
Accreditation by the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) designation in BV requires:
- Completion and passing of passing of IIBV 101,102, and 103.
- Completion and passing of ASA BV 204.
- Pass the ASA ethics examination.
- Submit a report for review and pass the reviewers examination.
- Achieve five years of BV experience for the Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) designation or two years of BV experience for the Accredited Member (AM) designation
Accreditation by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV) for the CBV designation requires:
- Completion and passing of IIBV 101, 102, and 103
- Completion and pass exams in 4 other courses – tax/law, advanced BV, and two electives.
- Meet experience requirements of 1500 hours; 750 hours minimum in BV, corporate finance or litigation support related to expressing an opinion of value; the remainder can be in various related areas such as forensic, transfer pricing, corporate finance, etc.
- Pass the Membership Entrance Examination.